PowerPosture™ is the proper posture produced by correct muscle flexibility and balanced strength. The PowerPosture™ program produces good posture all the time, automatically, without thinking about it.
This combination of proper posture, correct flexibility, and correct strength balance increases your physical, mental, and interpersonal powers.
Greater Physical Power:
- Have no more pain and fatigue in your neck, shoulders, and upper back than anywhere else in you body, and will have less lower back strain.
- Feel and function as well as possible, and have maximum energy, strength, and vigor, because your skeleton, muscles and organs operate better with correct bodily alignment.
- Reduce your chances of neck, shoulder, upper back, and lower back injuries.
- Have more endurance, strength, and athletic ability.
- Perform better in virtually all physical activities and sports.
Greater mental power and work productivity, because with less pain, fatigue, and more energy you will think more clearly and concentrate better.
Greater people power:
- Look taller, trimmer, fitter, and have a flatter stomach. (In fact, without "power posture", your stomach can never be as flat as possible!).
- Appear more vigorous, confident, competent, youthful, enthusiastic, energetic, and even more honest.
- Make the best first impression possible and will be treated with more respect.
- Retain your straight posture and lose very little height with age.
PowerPosture™ is really the good posture most people have as children, with their head up over the shoulders, their shoulders back and down, and their upper back straight. But most people develop a forward jutting head, hunched shoulders, a curved back, and a sunken chest over time because so many of our jobs and activities are performed bent over, or hunched forward with our arms out in front. Few people's activity programs are designed to counteract these posture-worsening influences, and may actually further worsen their posture (especially incorrect weight training).
Worsening of posture with age is common, but there is no research evidence that posture has to get worse with normal aging. Unless there is a degenerative spinal disease present, most people could stand just as straight at age 80 as at age 20 if they made the right lifestyle and activity choices during their life.
Given the many performance advantages of correct posture over poor posture, it would seem to be a worthwhile goal throughout life. Now, the PowerPosture™ program will give you correct posture in 10 to 15 minutes a day, and then take as little as 5 a day to maintain it!